Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bill O'Reilly Has Bumped His Head.

Hillary Clinton was publicly sworn today, although she's been legally sworn in for a couple of weeks already. Afterwards she gave a speech, in which she commented that she'd like to thank her husband (who stood behind her on the dais), for giving her a lifetime of "interesting experiences". The former president proceeded to turn beet-red, despite the good-natured laugher all around.

Tonight on his show, Bill O'Reilly, in all seriousness, asked a panel of women if they felt sorry for President Clinton, at having been embarassed that way.

I think Mr. O'Reilly has bumped his head. He MUST be sufferin' a concussion.

Why would anyone feel SORRY for Bill Clinton? For 2 seconds of embarassment? How about how Billy-boy embarassed US? He defiled the sanctity and diginity and honor of the Oval Office, by playing his whoreMonica. Before Bill, the Presidency was still regarded as a position of honor, integrity, respect. Bill Clinton was the first one to reveal that even the President is just a man. He besmirched the legend, made himself and the office just seem so...pedestrian. So UN-remarkable. I was embarassed, for the most powerful man in the world to turn out to be just some lecherous creep. I imagine he's the kind of guy I'd slap in a bar for pinching my tush, and thinking he's soo slick. THAT'S embarassing, to think of my president as Creepy McCreepster.

And not to MENTION how he must have embarassed Hillary. Who handled all of it with quiet grace. And in the case of today's speech, I don't think she intended to put her husband out on front street. It appeared to me to be just an off-the-cuff, humorous aside. She was speaking in code, talking to anyone who doubted her ability to handle the awesome responsibility of the job she's undertaking. She was saying, "Look, if I can deal with what has come before, I can deal with what's yet to come. I am strong, wise, and capable".

So, Mr. O'Reilly - the answer is "no". I don't feel sorry for President Clinton. Any embarrasment he feels, he brought on himself. He SHOULD feel lucky this woman still stands by his side.

And you, Mr. O, should seek immediate medical attention for that head trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment